22 year old graphic arts student with Non-verbal Learning Disability (NLD/NVLD).
Painfully shy, socially awkward with anxiety/depression. Actually afraid of speaking to people on the internet for no reason at all but I have a tumblr anyway. My natural hair color is pink, but its blonde/pink/purple/blue/teal at the moment, and my species is a teal deer/space llama.
A work in progress because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing anymore with my life.
Interests are: art, animals, space, science, fashion, video games, goth, punk, steampunk, visual kei, j-rock, lolita, social justice, no wave feminism, music, writing,
Specifically I reblog autistic spectrum things, The GazettE, The Strokes, Craig Ferguson and NCIS: LA stuff a lot.
Background is Spiral Galaxy M74 and is from the Hubble Space Telescope.
True story: this is something I still struggle with after years of doing battle with it in high school and college. It got so bad that, for a period of time, I wouldn’t even re-read my papers before turning them in because I was so afraid I’d see they weren’t perfect. Which, yes, is totally backwards.
- See, at it’s base, the song Blurred Lines is essentially, about rape, the “blurred lines” being the line between “No, I don’t want to have sex with you” and “Yes, I want to have sex with you.” The blurred lines means oh you don’t mean to say no, you mean to say yes.
- Thicke has openly stated that he “loves to degrade women”
- "OK now he was close, tried to domesticate you
But you’re an animal, baby, it’s in your nature
Just let me liberate you”
- here he’s referring to a woman as a wild animal, therefore dehumanizing her. Oh and that she should let him “free” her.
- Because nearly every goddamn lyric is something rapists have repeatedly used on their victims
- In this shot we see the girl full frontal with her breasts exposed, totally bare and vulnerable and nude, whereas he is in a full suit, an outfit most commonly associated with power. He’s in charge here.
- just this
- not once in the whole fucking video do the models look like they’re enjoying themselves. They have a dead eyed look and are constantly posing. Tyra’d give them the bottom two for that.
- So hit me up when you passing through
I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two
- I had actually never stomached the entire song until writing this and watched it through for the first time and literally gagged.
- This. He follows the women around during the video. If a guy followed you on the street or in a club, what would you think? A person’s first response would be to leg it out of there or search for the nearest possible weapon.
- Plus Robin Thicke is a fuckin creep. Seriously, he’s is like that guy on the bus who always wears parkas even in summer and keeps asking what you had for breakfast.
- Also Pharrell and TI how dare you trick this poor deluded white guy into thinking he’s cool/hip.
- Also fuck off with the hashtags we get it, it’s a 36 year old dude trying to be modern
This isn’t as clever or concise as most wonderful metas on that fucking video. But they’re out there.
Meanwhile, watch Mod Carousel’s version, I guarantee it’s a million miles better.
Ugh, I seriously need to unfuck my habitat. Between the weeks at school, the work crap I bring home, donated clothes, guitars, amps, bags, an oversize desk with a computer & my dear Mouse Poncy and a busted dresser, I actually cannot stand sleeping in here anymore. It’s not restful and considering the shitty state my brain has been in lately re: worrying my ass off & crippling panic attacks I need a goddamned month to just manage to tame my room and get my fucking homework done! I’ve gotten back into my family’s rather unhealthy hoarder like mindset esp with lack of time and without paying attention to UFYH, which is not good because its hard to get out of.
I have only a weekend to do this. Might try to post pictures if I attempt a triumphant adventure.